PATIENT AFTERCARE IN RESPECT TO DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT
Following your dermal filler treatment some common injection related reactions may occur:
Any redness should decrease over 6/24 hour period. A clean, light make-up can be applied to cover any redness approximately 4 hours post treatment.
Do not expose the treated area to intense heat or to extreme cold for two weeks following treatment. A clean cool pack can be applied directly to the treated area. Non-prescription anti- inflammatories may prove useful in the reduction of swelling so long as you are medically suitable to take them. However, bruising may be enhanced and/or prolonged with the use of anti-inflammatories.
dermal filler injections can cause areas of bruising although this would not normally be expected to occur, the eye contour being the area at most risk. Any such bruising will be temporary. If you are taking any medication or dietary supplements that can affect platelet function and bleeding time, the severity and period of bruising can be extended. Be aware that taking aspirin or similar medication may increase the likelihood of bruising. Arnica cream and/or tablets can help to minimise and resolve bruising more quickly. Make-up can be applied to cover bruising approximately 4 hours post treatment.
Tenderness or discomfort
Tenderness or discomfort at injection site for 24-72 hours following treatment - non-prescription analgesia can be taken. Itching may occur for 7-14 days following treatment - Non-prescription anti-histamines may alleviate any itching. These sensations will usually typically resolve within days and many people are able to return to their normal activities the same day. Some people may react differently and may experience these reactions for longer. However, these reactions are temporary and typically resolve within 7-14 days as the skin returns to normal.
It is advisable to:
- Refrain from touching the treated areas with your hands until the pores have had chance to close. This is to reduce the risk of infection at the site of injection.
- Make up can be applied approximately 4 hours post treatment - mineral is recommended.
- It is recommended that the use of soaps, other than those recommended by your practitioner, on the treated skin area is restricted until the redness subsides and where possible warm / tepid water and / or gentle skin cleansers are used for cleansing. Do not scrub. Pat to dry only.
- Refrain from intensive sun light (e.g. sunbeds and sunbathing), saunas, steam bath for a period of at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid electrolysis, waxing, bleaching of treated area for 72 hours.
- Do not swim in chlorinated water for approximately 14 days.